Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Linda's Crock Pot London Broil

I had a partially thawed London broil in the refrigerator and decided at the last minute to cook it in the crock pot. I had to think quickly so that it would be done for dinner, so here is my recipe:

London Broil
2 cups beef broth (I used Watkins Soup base - see below on how to order this)
Cornstarch
1 Bay leaf
Approx. 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 large onion
1/2 packet dry onion soup mix
dash Italian seasoning
Garlic Powder to taste
few fresh oregano leaves

Slice the onion in the bottom of the crock pot. Put the meat on top of the onion (I scored my meat so that the flavor would absorb). Mix your broth (if using Watkins) and add half to the pot. The other half, add about a tablespoon of cornstarch...mix so that there are not any clumps. Put the dry onion soup mix in the pot and pour remaining broth mixture on top. Sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce over the meat and add the garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Cook on high for approximately 4 hours. At the last hour before serving, add in the fresh oregano leaves.

Note: If your meat is thawed, cook on low for approximately 8 hours.
If you want a thicker gravy, during the last hour or so, mix a couple tablespoons Cold water and a couple tablespoons cornstarch together to make a paste and add to the liquid to help thicken it up.

I did not measure my seasonings, added according to what I like - so use your own judgment.

Optional: Serve with fresh mashed potatoes and other vegetable of your choice.

To order Watkins Beef Soup base - visit www.watkinsonline.com and upon checkout enter my consultant # 367300. The soup bases last a long time and you only need 1 1/2 tsp per 1 cup of hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment